It’s been a huge couple of weeks for Star Wars fans worldwide, as it was announced that George Lucas has made more changes to the Star Wars Original Trilogy for the blu-ray release.
Once the news was out the responses weren’t that varied, as you can imagine, with the general response being disdain:
- Star Wars HDTV vs Blu-ray screencap #1
- A series of Star Wars original VS Blu-Ray pics
- And my personal favourite – press in dire situations (the Noooooooooooooo! button): www.nooooooooooooooo.com
The general consensus being to do what many a Star Wars fan has done for the past 15 years; forget the new edits exist and carry on with business.
- kalexanderson’s GORGEOUS Flickr photo album, The Daily Stormtrooper
- Luke, we’re gonna have company!
- And hows about a Steampunk Darth Vader helmet?
Now that my obligatory Star Wars links are out of the way, here’s some other cool stuff found around the interwebs.
- Nike’s released Marty McFly’s shoe from Back to the Future II (and all proceeds go to support The Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research) at Back 4 The Future
- Rainbow Dash improves The Matrix: Reloaded
- A scene from Jurassic Park is shot amusingly with Toy Dinosaurs
- The Duck Tape brand use some wicked animation to recreate a Tron lightcycle race (plus, Tron Guy) for a new duct tape campaign.
- The Terminator (T-800 to be precise) joins Twitter and starts hunting down Sarah Connor.
- Daft Punk has a couple of cross-overs, one with Lord of the Rings in Rule it, find it, bring it, bind it, and a second with a Daft SteamPunk Professor X Cosplay
- Lastly this seems an appropriate spot to put this little illustrated gem: A guilde to things that always happen in movies, but not in real life