Investing in a professional website for your business is essential in the world we now live in. Many people believe this means they have to invest a lot of money into something they don’t really understand, for reasons they don’t understand, because everyone says they have to do it.
Not with me. With Equivalent Exchange, I want to make the web a better place. I want to make awesome websites for awesome people. I want you to understand exactly what you’re getting, and be happy and excited about using and updating your own website.
As well as being in the web development industry since 1999, I am also a qualified trainer, technical support officer, technical writer, and structural editor.
- build you a website, blog or an online shop,
- create a search engine optimisation report for your existing website,
- implement search engine optimisation strategies on your existing website,
- troubleshoot and solve and problems on your existing website,
- write content (with search engines and humans in mind),
- teach you how to use wordpress, if your existing site is built in wordpress,
- give general website and online advice,
- convert a flat-coded site into any one of several content management systems (CMS), enabling you to take control of your content,
- brand any social media service you want or need to get into and teach you how to use it,
- create business cards, posters, banners, and develop your entire brand if you like,
- create email signatures for your business email, and teach you how to install it,
- and much more – throw me a suggestion and I’ll let you know if I can do it. If I can’t, chances are I can recommend someone who can help you.
It’s not as expensive as you think. I’ve developed online starter packages over on my Modules page, which help you take your journey into the online world one step as a time; purchasing only the work you need, as you need it.
To get technical for a moment, I’m a client-side coder, specialising in HTML, CSS and jQuery. I’m a huge fan of the latest standards (HTML5/CSS3), and well-versed in the old XHTML Strict/CSS2 – all the way back to iframe and table-based layouts.
For content-managed systems I am familiar with e107.org (php/MySQL), wordpress (php/MySQL), and umbraco (IIS/.net/XSLT/Razor).
If you ever wanted to know more about me, my motivation and how I ended up in web design/design in general, head over to About Me.
If you have any questions about the work I’ve done or just want to fangirl in general about Fullmetal Alchemist, Firefly or any of Isobelle Carmody’s novels, send me a wave.
Here’s a range of my recent web projects. Just click through on any of the below to read testimonials and project requirements of each website.
Investing in a professional website for your business, no matter how big or small you are, is essential in the world we now live in. Many people believe this means they have to invest a lot of money into something they don’t really understand, for reasons they don’t understand, because everyone says they have to […]
Part of creating websites is training clients in how to use those websites, to ensure they are happy and confident in using their website. Whether you’re a tech-head or a techno-phobe, I can take you through how to use your website. Existing WordPress Website Training If you have a wordpress website already, but just don’t […]
Having your own online presence is easier and more cost effective than you think, particularly when you can break the requirements down into manageable modules. Request whichever portions of your online presence that you need, when you’re ready for them.